Monday, December 30, 2013

I JUST BURST INTO TEARS AND COULD NOT STOP CRYING......

Buenas Familia, (12/23/13)

Well not gonna lie, this past week was a rough one. Not really sure what happened up until Friday but a LOT happened on Friday....To make a long story short, The ____ Family did a complete 360 turn on us. The mom went to the coast last Sunday and when she came back she was completely different. We didn't see her till Friday morning and she told us that they were all leaving again in the morning to go back to the coast but this time with everyone so we would have to change the baptism date....and then the elders said that they passed by there earlier that week and saw her peek her head out the window....which means she had been avoiding us and lying to us when she was really home the whole time. ____ went from being a little wishy washy to wanting almost nothing to do with us, avoiding us as well. However ____ was still stoked as ever and even went to Hermana Nydia's house with us to practice singing for the ward Christmas party. And then Friday afternoon, when we went to get him for the ward party, he was completely different as well. Wouldn't make eye contact with us, said he couldn't be baptized Saturday since they were gonna travel, and when we asked him if he would be baptized Jan 4th once they got back, he said I don't know, which means no. And then he didn't even go to the party even though all week he had been so excited to sing. And this whole time we have been teaching them, he has been so excited and so set, sure and firm about his baptism. We have no idea what happened but we are assuming that a family member must have said something to them to make them want to have nothing to do with us. 

I was hurt when ________ was acting the way she did because we had all grown so close and she has recognized and shared so many spiritual experiences with us. She always told us stories about since we started visiting them, she could see the changes in her home and the Lord's hand helping her and her family. She even went to a misioanry farewell with us and got all excited for her boys to serve one day. So that was hard. But what hurt the most, what seriously killed me inside, was seeing _____ act the way he did when before he was so 100% ready. It literally broke my heart to see him that way, avoiding eye contact and wanting us to go away. We were with the Elders because they were gonna try and help us see if we could do the baptisms that night before they traveled, but it became obvious the trip was just an excuse and who knows if they even left to the coast. The second we walked away from them I just burst into tears and could not stop crying for a solid 20 min no matter what kind words of comfort the elders tried using.  

I'm not gonna lie, I really like how now most wards have a set of elders and a set of sisters. They really help us a lot. So despite that big blow, we picked ourselves up and had 3 investigators in the ward activity that night. Efrain, the joven weve been teaching, and Luci and her daughter. She's really Catholic and doesn't want to go to church cause it's the same time as her church but she really likes it when we visit her and always wants us to come back, so hopefully after the holidays die down we can get her to church :) and Efrain is just progressing so rapidly, it's so awesome. We had to leave the party before it ended to be back in the house and usually when this happens the investigators leave with us, which is what Luci did. but Efrain was like no, I'm gonna stay! and later the members told ust that he was like one of the last people to leave hahaha. I guess he likes to dance, but he already has almost all of the lessons and 2 assistencias, so when we teach him tonight we are gonna see if he wants to be baptized on Saturday cause he's totally ready for it. I really hope. It would be so nice to for Hermana Clark and I to have a baptism together in December here in Monay, especially after what just happened....It's so incredibly sad, we just don't even like to think about it. It's a good thing we have Efrain to focus on otherwise we would probably be way too depressed for words with nobody to teach and our golden family fallen. But all is well, I know God has a plan for everyone and everything and I can only hope that one day in the future they will remember the spirit they felt and the truth they received and will go back to church and be baptized. 

So on anther note, we kinda finally had a late Thanksgiving!! for Christmas here almost everyone
eats turkey and it is literally the only time of year anyone ever eats turkey. So they had turkey at the ward party! But of course with rice, haha. Since we had to leave early we took it back to the apt to eat. So yummy. I'll send a pic. I will also be sending pics of us with Monica and Elder Infanzon. Monica left this week for her mission in Peru and Elder Infanzon finished his mission and went home to Peru, all within the same 2 days. haha They are two great people who I became good friends with in the mission and will miss them greatly here in Monay. But Elder Flores is still here being his hilarious self and his new comp has been pretty cool so far so all is well.
Chou to Elder Infanzon!!
Saying bye to Monica
Tomorrow night we are going to have a Hermana sleepover at the Hermana leaders' house! They got permission to do so, so the 8 of us are gonna have a giant Christmas party since we have to be home by 6 tomorrow anyways. We are gonna cook taco soup Christmas eve and make crepes Christmas morning!! We are also doing a secret Santa exchange so it should be fun. Well I can't believe I'm gonna be skyping with you guys in just 2 days!!! and that that day is Christmas!! So dang crazy. Well I love you all so much and will be talking with you shortly! I hope the annual Harper 23rd party will be rocking it tonight and that tomorrow night the normal Christmas Eve festivities and traditions will be carried out as well....cant wait to hear all about it and see all the pics! Lots of love being sent your way from Ecuador....
Lovin' Christmas in Cuenca,


Hermana Harper
Sunday dinner last week with the Familia Arguello. They are super awesome. We ate tacos. It was the best, and then after that...... 
.....we went to Hermana Elizabeth's house and made empanadas and took pictures with her pretty view from her front yard :)

No comments:

Post a Comment