Hola Querido Familia!
![]() |
|
6 months babyy!!!
|
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY DEAREST!!!!
Well today my companion and I were stuck in the house half the day because we were locked in from the inside!! The hermanas we share an apartment with had already left with the keys and the old people that live on the floor below us must have left after the hermanas and they locked it from the inside....which is super dumb... They are always so paranoid! But luckily they came back, we got out, and we actually did something fun on Pday! We got permission to go to centro and did a little bit of shopping and took some cool pics with some cool buildings that I shall send your way.
Well this week was a week as normal as ever in the mission field. Nothing super exciting happened that I can remember...just talking to people in the street and visiting the Bravo family and menos activos, etc. We did find one guy who is an old investigator who seems really promising. His name is Fernando and he likes studying and reading the Book of Mormon...the only problem is he doesn't feel the need to go to church....so we will see if we can get him there and if he can progress or not. But other than that, we don't really have anyone else in our program...which is really bad cause after this week, the Bravo boys will have been baptized and we will officially have 0 fechas. Which is basically just not allowed in the mish Guayaquil Sur. You get macheted daily by the leaders. But idk, even though our program is baja, I don't feel like bad or anything....I feel like I'm doing my best to teach others about the gospel and ya, maybe we've only had 2 progressing investigators since we got here, but at least they are people who actually have questions and who are actually learning and finding things out for themselves.
Seriously, the Bravo family is so awesome. Especially the mom, Alexandra. She reads and studies all by herself and asks us questions about what she has read and half the time ends up answering her own questions! Sometimes I feel like she's teaching us! haha. I know if she was married she would be getting baptized this week with her sons....and we totally can get her married but her husband not being here is a bit of a problem. But he comes home onv the 18th and then we are gonna work really hard with him to get them both married and baptized. :)
So we started free English classes this week on Saturday....an idea that we've been super stoked on, thinking that it would help us find tons of new people to teach. I think we gave invitations to about everyone in Cuenca throughout the week.....and only one person showed up to the class....even worse, that one person was an investigator of the Elders that they had invited....lolzz. haha. But that's ok, it was the first week. It also started to rain really hard right at the time class was set to start so I think more people will show up these coming weeks....at least I hope so.
Don't have much time this week cause of the being trapped ordeal, but man it looks like you guys had a fun week at home what with mom's bday and what not. Shopping at The Lab, Howie Day, etc etc. Not gonna lie, superrrrr jelllyyyy. Especially of the Urban sale and Buffalo Exchange. !"·$%& Things i just can't think about.....the thrifter and deal-finder in me is dying.....it stinkss having my only creative output cut off for 18 months but what are you gonna do....I hope you guys picked up some good finds for me to rock despues la mishhh. gracias ;) hehe. Also jeally about the Christmas tree shopping...looks like fun. You better be taking care of my Neff beanie Iz. haha. And Grandma, your little birthday shindig for my mom looked so cute!!! It also sounded really yummy from what my mom told me.
Oh Mom, I got your letters with the pictures and from FHE this week! Muchisimooooo gracias. I love all the photos and shared them with my zone when I received them in our meeting. Seriously the best. Oh hey, almost forgot, completed 6 MONTHS on the 5th!! only 12 more to go ;) Seems like a lot left but the past 6 have flown by so I know the next 6 will too, and then last 6 after that. I gotta take advantage of the short amount of time that I have and help as many people as I can come unto Christ while I am a representative of him. Wearing His name every day really is the biggest honor in the world. Im here doing my best to do and say the things to the people as if He were here doing and saying them himself. Talk about cool. Another big honor is wearing my family name, Harper, everyday, as I'm here representing them as well. I love my family so incredibly much and would be so lost without them. Maybe I'll just never get married so I don't have to change my last name ;) hehe. Well gotta go, but next week should come up fast. LOVE YOU ALL SO DEARLY!!!
Caged in Cuenca (well at least for 3 hours),
Hermana Abbigail Hanna Harper
![]() |
| The Bishop's little girl Ada is so cussing adorable....we may just be best friends. haha |











She is so cute! I hope Angela will get to Cuenca someday.....she's been in Aurora twice now. :P
ReplyDelete