Monday, June 23, 2014

THINK WE COULD GET SOME PEST CONTROL SERVICES GOING on OVER HERE DAD? T'WOULD BE GREAT : )

Hey Fam Bam, 
taken in the cyber right now with my comps camera. haha

Welp I might as well just come right out with it....on Tuesday night at 10:30 pm I got the transfer call. :(   I knew it was coming though. It was way sad to leave Hna Nazer, and I cried, but it's not long till we shall be up at Provo together so that's good.  So ya, I was transferred to a zone in Guayaquil called Huancavilca. That's the name of my sector too. I'm also in a trio! Hna Chacon is from Honduras and goes home in 2 months and is my co-sister leader, and Hna Apaza is from Bolivia and is just about to hit her 9 month mark. 2 Latinas is a little crazy for me, especially coming from being with Hna Nazer but I'm dealing. haha   They have already been companions for 3 weeks now and when I got here on Wednesday morning there was already tons of tension in the companionship....so let's just say it's been a rough week. When there's tension you don't have the spirit and you can't work well. So we pretty much didn't accomplish anything this week. Kind of a bummer coming from Naranjal where we were just so busy, but that's ok. I knew I was gonna have to serve in Guayaquil at some point since a third of the zones are here. haha 

So here I am! Ok, so there are only 2 investigators but like kinda not really because they are way flojo. Like they didn't even come to church on Sunday...buuuut at least one of them, named Rocio, has tons of potential, and if she gets to church these next 2 weeks, she can be baptized on the 12th still, which is her fecha. The Bishop is way cool and seems like he should be really helpful with the work. I hope we can find people to teach this week cause I'm not sure I can handle another one of no productivity. 

So I got two bad news: the first one is that I can't find my camera. I think it got lost or stolen at some point during the transfers cause I haven't  seen it since. And since I just got here, I kinda don't think another miracle like last time is gonna happen :(  But I'm still praying that somehow it will! I've been super distraught about it. But oh well. It was bound to happen for real at some point. Also the other bad news is that my skin continues to be bad. BUT I'm thinking that Heavenly Father gave me that gnarly infection so that when my skin is red, itchy, inflamed and flaky in its normal way, I could at least feel grateful that there's not a crusty liquid leaking layer of strep above it. (you're welcome for the disgusting descriptive words) jeje. 

But ya, pretty much everyone and their mom tells me to stop scratching, stay out of the sun, and put some alcohol on it to take away the itchiness. It's pretty amusing. haha But no, I love the love Ecuadorians have for everyone and how they want to help everyone however they can, even if it's someone they just met. So that's my life! Oh, I also have an ear infection that hurts pretty bad. And my new house is even more infested than the houses normally are. Do you think we could get some pest control services going on over here Dad? t'would be great :)  

Sounds like it was a solid week at home what with Rye's bday and what not. Shout out to my fam, the Smiths and the Butlers for fasting for my skin. (and special shout out to Rye for foregoing his bday breakfast for it) I way appreciate it. In fact, I even started to cry when my mom told me. You guys are the best. :) Now we just gotta wait and have faith :) But I really have come to an even deeper understanding of the atonement through my trials, and know that my skin sufferings are absolutely nothing in comparison to what Christ suffered. So I really have nothing to complain about. Thanks for all the support and love as always! I really couldn't do it without it. :) Les amo muchisimo!!!

Love,

Hna Harper


(sorry for the lack of spiritual experiences. I'll get on that next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment