Tuesday, July 1, 2014

LITERALLY WOULD BE DEAD in the STREETS of ECUADOR without it....

Well fam let's do this...

I got nothin'. Literally nothing happened this week it seems. We spent a few afternoons in the house as my ear infection literally took over the right side of my head and not even pain meds took away the throbbing all consuming pain. But I went to the doctors office, aka president's office, and he got me some meds and ear drops that slowly but surely started to take it away. It doesn't hurt anymore but I still can't hear out of it very well. I walked around all week like a viejita (old lady) cause I couldn't hear anyone haha. And my skin keeps on being my skin. Showers are the worst part of my day. It hurts so bad. 

So last Tuesday afternoon Hna Apaza had cambios, which was weird cause cambios do not happen in the afternoon in our mission. But it was because an hna was going home for health issues and being the only trio, they took one of us to be the new companion of the sister who was now companionless. yep. I liked her a lot so was sad, but it was good because ever since she left, Hna Chacon has been cool and normal and we get along fine. So that was that.

Well we haven't really had any success this week. All the investigators have flaked out on us and all the new people we have found don't want anything. And my companion had an interview with President a few days ago and he straight up told her that she was going to be having cambios this coming week and asked her where she wanted to finish her mission. So it looks like I'm going to be given a new companion soon and we have nothing and nobody. And I don't know the sector very well or how to get to where the members live. So it's gonna be interesting, but hopefully my new comp will be cool but excited to get out there and find people cause not gonna lie, it's been trunky town up in here as my comp has only got 8 more weeks to go. haha

So I have felt lately that I have been lacking in the spirit department and that I don't really recognize when I have impressions or personal revelation but I found some good quotes about it in an English Liahona that I found in the apartment: "What does a burning in the bosom mean? Does it need to be a feeling of caloric heart, like the burning produced by combustions? If that is the meaning, I have never had a burning in the bosom. Surely the word burning in the scriptures signifies a feeling of comfort and serenity. That is the witness many receive. That is the way revelation works." - Dallin H Oaks. and "How do I know if a thought comes from me or the Holy Ghost? We have to act. Then we find out if it's coming from me or if it's the power of God...everything that invites us to do good and to be good comes from God." - David A Bednar. So I have decided to make a conscious effort to improve in this aspect this week and I challenge you all to do the same! :)

A happy birthday shout out to my little sis who turned 16!!!  So crazy, cant' even believe it. Live it up in Peru girl! Also a shout out to Russ Jones! Didn't even know him and Christy were getting married, but I'm so happy for you Russ! You have always been so kind to me and treated me like one of your own in your house. I love the Jones family! Also of course shout out of congrats to mah girl Laura Thornburg now Hillyard!!! (although you're probs not reading this since you're on your honeymoon) literally cried when I saw the pics, but I'm glad stick-me made it into a few ;) Wish so hard I could've been there, you have no idea. But you looked so beautiful and happy! Love you girl. Well I think that's all the shout-outs I got. Let us all press on, put our shoulder to the wheel, and carry on carry on carry on, cause all is well. hehe gotta love hymns :) Thanks for all the love and support and letters as always! Literally would be dead in the streets of Ecuador without it. Straight up truth. Sending lots of love to the north end of the Americas!


Love, Hermana Harper


No comments:

Post a Comment