Ximena is doing great! All set to go for her baptism this weekend. We made invitations and at church she was inviting everyone. haha so awesome.
Spent some time in the clinic, which is the norm with me and my skin and also spent some time in the government offices renewing my visa. fun stuff.
My comp is so quirky. She takes pictures of literally everything, from the magnets on the fridge in the less active members house to the broom that we use to sleep the floor. She also saves everything from her ice cream trash to the cake box from a district meeting where we celebrated an elders bday (she doesn't even know him). It's way strange but I love her and it keeps things way entertaining!
I learned a lot this week reading from and studying Elder Bednar's talk, Bear Up Their Burdens with Ease. I love the idea that we each carry a load, and that our load is there for a reason. Without having our own personal loads, we wouldn't be able to gain the spiritual traction that we need to get through this life, and make it out and home to our Father in Heaven. I know the Savior has suffered and felt all of my pains physically and emotionally and I can honestly say that I am so grateful for my trials. I am so grateful for these loads that I have been given to help me to learn and grow in this life and to help me to better comprehend the great sacrifice of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. The atonement is the biggest blessing we have and we can't take it for granted people. I'm grateful for this opportunity that I have to share this knowledge and testimony that I have with the people of Ecuador. I love you all! Update me on your lives next week, will ya? k thanks.
Love from Guayaquil,
Hermana Harper
|
Making popcorn with Ximena!!!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment