Wednesday, July 31, 2013

IT'S A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE THAT'S FOR SURE

Hola familia y amigos!!!

Man I don't even know what to do, I have no time. But first of all Mom, when i got here they said the guy in charge of the luggage reimbursements was out of town so I'll have to take care of it next time I'm in Guayaquil...don't know when that will be. I'll ask the Prez in my letter this week. Alright, now down to business....this week has been aight. A little worse than last but I think that's cause this week people have stopped cutting me slack and are now kinda impatient when I can't understand or speak. Did they expect me to become fluent in one week?! Not sure, but the pressure is on. But I'm still doing well overall. 

We have a baptism on Saturday! His name is Bolivar. He's 27 and is dating a member....who used to be inactive but is now coming back...her name is Luciana and she's only 14.....and wait for it.....she's preggers.  Soooo yaaaa, talk about crazy. But he's our best investigator and is progressing really quickly! I'm excited for him to be baptized, but it won't happen if they can't get all their papers to be married on Wednesday so cross your fingers!!! 

Let's see what else....have I told you I live with roosters? There are literally 6 roosters that live right outside my door and these walls aren't insulated...so I get about 50 plus wake-up-calls from 4am-6am on the dailyyyyy.  It's a different experience that's for sure. I'll have to send pics next week. Maybs next week I'll just focus on pictures and not write that much. I think that's what I'm going to do for friends too. So any friends reading this....I'm gonna hand write you a letter, take a picture of the letter, and then send a picture....that sound good? Cause I can't get anything done in 30 min. (the other 15 min is for the Prez letter) 

Anyways,  I'm soooo sad I missed Bay's farewell!!! Send me the talk Mom so I can print it to read later. Bay, you are seriously gonna do so great. There is no doubt in my mind that you are ready for this!!! When you feel lonely or feel like you maybe can't do this just remember that your big sis is only a hop, skip and a jump away doing the exact same thing. I got your back, bro. Oh, and don't forget to ask Sister Cardon for your letter the moment you see her! and write me on your Pday whether you found all my notes or not! and Mom, forward me his letter home too : ) 

Well, I really am doing well here in Boyaca. The members are great, I love my ward, Diego the Machetador is kicking my butt with the spanish though. On the daily: Hna Harper, how is your spanish? Hna Harper, talk to me in spanish about the first lesson right now, etc etc. He's "full machete" as they say here. haha, Let's see what else....idk, I have no time. But I love you all and miss you every day!!! Keep the letters coming. Hey Dad, where's my weekly gossip columnist be at?? I missed my weekly dose of the happenings in California. :) haha broma, I know you guys have been way buys with Rye's graduation and Bay's farewell. ughhh. So wish I could've been at both those things. I love my brothers. Bay, you're awesome. I love you. Never forget that, k? You're gonna be awesome, Elder Harper. Well I gotta go, until next week...

Hna Harper










1 comment:

  1. Love her letters! Cannot wait for the next one. I am going to inspire my kids to write to Missionary-Cousins!!!! Wish me luck! Keep up The Great work!

    ReplyDelete