Hey Fam,
So today has not really been Pday...Today has been "wake up at 3 am to catch a 4am bus to Guayaquil day." My comp is a Sister Leader and had a meeting. Therefore to Guayaquil I must go as well. But I got to see all the girls from my CCM district (well the ones here in Ecuador that is) so it was a fun mini reunion. Oh, and I gave my reimbursement receipt to an elder who works in the office and he said he would take care of it. He said the money will just go back on my card. So I guess we shall see. Let me know, ok?
But now I'm back at the bus terminal in Guayaquil writing home in a cyber before take a bus back to Machala. But I'm bummed because I don't have any of my stuff that I usually have with me when I write. Like my camera, my journal, my printed letters from everyone, etc. But I guess it's all good. Honestly, the main issue is once again the language. If the people here would just freaking speak English it would be alllllll good. But no, they don't so I just smile and nod and say si about half of my life. But it's cool....idk. I just feel so useless and feel like I could actually be making a difference in this work if I was an English speaking missionary. But I'm not.....so I guess I should probs learn Spanish. ha. It's not as easy as it sounds people. But it's all good. I still have fun times. For example, usually after our mission leader meetings after church on Sunday nights, we go to the family Espinoza for dinner. We usually don't eat dinner with members but this family has us over every Sunday night anyways. They're awesome. But they were out of town, so instead we went over to Madalaine's house (one of the ward missionaries. She's 19 and has a call to Quito!) and the 5 of us (me, my comp, Madalaine, Mishelle, and Diego) all made dinner and it kinda felt like I was hanging out with friends and having a little family Sunday dinner. It was nice.
Let's see what else happened this week.....ughhh. I need my journal. idk, Bolivar and Luciana couldn't get money for marriage so his baptismal date was pushed back to the 17th. lame. but he is still at church every week so I'm confident it will happen. We had an 86 yr old man named Alejandro and a 14 year old girl named Carla in church this week. Both super cute in their own respective ways. haha I have high hopes for them but we have only taught each of them once so I'm not sure yet how interested either of them are. We shall see!
Honestly though I can't think of anything else super exciting that happened this week. But the nurse who works in the office here says she has seen some pretty big packages come through for people....qu en el mundo? new rules maybe? Also if and when you do send anything, you should put in a mini English hymnbook. What I would do for one of dem....haha. I've been longing for one for a while now. But if not, that's ok. :) Well since my journal is not here I guess thats all I got for you guys this week. But I just discovered my camera in my backpack. I forgot I put it in there last night! so maybs I will try to send some pics. idk how though in this cyber and I don't have my card reader. So don't expect it, but I'll try. haha
Anyways, sounds like everything at home is going good like always. Que en el mundo familia. haha Also as always, I'm jeallly of the Sano nights. Especially now that Rye is home. Although Bay is gone so that's weird. You gonna be Rye and Dad's new surf buddy, Iz? Cause I know it's not gonna be Mom ;) Enjoy the beach for me. Oh how I miss it. Oh my teacher Hno Mostacero emailed me and said he saw Bay and talked to him. Don't worry, between my teachers and my hidden notes, I got that kid covered. I'm so excited for him! Well I love Ecuador. I love Machala. Life is good. I just wish I spoke Spanish. haha Love you guys, keep the letters coming. until next week....
Love, Hna Abbs Harps
Miss you so much Mom. every. single. day. I have the best Mom in the world, and I thank my Heavenly Father for that every single day as well. love you!!!!!!
I always have to stop myself when I start thinking about home and family while in the streets and my eyes start to well up. haha But you know me, it's not necessarily cause I'm sad, it's just cause I love you guys so much. :) I've been worried for Bay all week, but that's just me being my worried protective self. haha I know he can do it and that he's ready. Also, I can't get this thing to read my card. so I guess no pictures again. sorry. But I'll try the Google Drive thing next. week :) Love you so much! Talk to you next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment