Monday, September 16, 2013

YES, I CAN HAVE DEEP CONVERSATIONS IN SPANISH!!


Hello Beloved Family!!
being silly on the bus ride home a couple weeks back

So I got your package this week!!! 'Twas the best. day. ever. Loooooveeeed all of the photos and treats and what not. It's weird seeing pictures of family outings without me in them. So I'm kind of sad I missed out on all those fun family times but I know we shall have more post mish so all is well. Looks like you guys had a blast this summer. 

Also Mom those sticker things with the cute little sayings are legit! I'm not quite sure what I should do with them though....I wanna like put them up on the wall but I'm gonna be changing apartments so often and I don't want them to be a one time use thing....got any ideas for me?? Cause they are way cool. 

Speaking of my apartment, I forgot again to take pictures of it.  I keep saying I'm gonna do it pday, after we clean it, but I always forget until I'm sitting in the cyber again....but I'll do it today so they will be all ready to go next week, promise Mommy :) 

I love that you sent me your hymn book Mom! So special. But for real, I've been showing everyone. haha. And the cute little bracelet! love it as well. They match my earrings so it's perfect. Also Mom, you always write me the best handwritten letters! Like for real.  I feel so lucky to have such a loving awesome mother. And just so you know, I have kept all of them throughout the years and read them often. I have some of them with me. I just reread the one that you wrote for me 2 summers ago when I first left home for BYU. You made me cry. The one in this package made my cry too. They alwasy make me cry! But in a good way, because i just love you so much. :)  Oh and those little 3 by 5 card notes from the rest of you were all right I guess. ;) haha nahh for real. They were great, thanks fam :) 

Sooooo this week....I was in the apartment for 4 days straiiiiiight. My comp is suffering from major back pains and migraines so the nurses made us stay in almost all week. Sufficeth to say that our program sucks and we only had one investigator in church on Sunday. That's what happens when you can't teach your investigators all week! But that's ok. My comp and I had some good bonding moments and some deep conversations about things during all those hours in the house so that's a plus. Yes, I can have deep conversations in Spanish!! haha. Not really, there is a lot of dictionary flipping going on during these talks. and I'm pretty sure she is the only one who can understand my broken Spanish, but I still feel really triumphant after these conversations. I know the Spanish is coming, just gotta keep up that patience and faith!  Oh, ps, the momitta here who washes our clothes friended both me and you on fbook. She's pretty cool. So that's who that is. 

So ya, this week was pretty uneventful but it had some quality me time, some quality comp time, some quality study time, and some quality fam time as well with the package! My comp is doing better now and I can't wait to hit the streets this week and find new people to teach! I'm just so anxious to get the word out there of our wonderful message! I know that it really is the only thing that brings  people happinesss. Hopefully next week my letter will be better. :) Love you guys!!

Love from Ecuador,

Hermana Abbie Harper

These pictures are from when I went to Guayaquil a couple weeks back. Reunited with the CCM trio while our comps were in the meeting! We made Hermana Catmull make us cookies in the toaster oven they have in the nurses house. haha It wasn't qutie the same but Hna Wiscomb and I enjoyed them none the less. Oh and there's a crappy photo of Guayaquil I took from the bus window but it's all I got.



My Zone Leaders



2 comments:

  1. Don't you just love our girls!! It warms my heart to read Abbie's emails. I know they are loved so much by the Lord, they are doing His work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I love reading Angela's blog as well. I want this time to go by fast, yet I don't. It is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete