Monday, October 14, 2013

I'M ABLE TO FEEL THE SPIRIT WORK THROUGH ME MORE OFTEN AND IT IS THE BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD

Fam Bamily,

First of all, loved all the pics! You looked cute iz!! Funny, I bought that dress on sale at Urban a few years back thinking hey maybs I'll wear this to a dance in the future. never did, but I'm glad the dress made it to a dance eventually regardless. haha ok.  So I may have procrastinated my fam letter...only got about 10 min but that's alright. 

Ok, so my new comp is great for the most part. All Latinas have a tendency to be extremely hard on themselves and grumpy like half the time and overexcited and chatty the other half. But as opposed to my previous comp, this one loves English and loves American music so it's great because I love teaching English! I taught her part of the song, She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 because she loves it and wanted to learn it. haha pretty lolz. But ya we get along great. The best part is that we are definitely on the same page when it comes to loving our investigators. For example, we left a lesson with Ronald the other day both just absolutely giddy with joy and overwhelmed with the love that we have for him. We had just finished teaching him about the priesthood and he was just so humble and in awe of the fact that after his baptism he can receive the priesthood and have that power of God to help his family. He's just one of those golden investigators. Or as they say here ïnvestigador del oro.¨ His baptism is this week and we are just so gosh dang excited! 

Our other baptism dates are two little boys named Jhordan and Pedro. They are brothers of 10 and 12 years old. not sure if I told you about them yet but they are just so eager to learn and every time we go to teach them they voluntarily tell us that they have been praying and reading the Book of Mormon. They're date is for the 26th but they need to attend church this week for it to happen so pray that all goes well and that they're mom will let them go! Because the main problem right now is that the mom isn't supporting. She's not against but she's not for it either. She gave us written permission but you can tell she's still kind of weary of the idea. But I know that these two kids have been prepared by the Lord because it is seriously so insane how smart they are and how much of a desire they have to be baptized. It really humbles me. 

As the language is starting to come more and more, and I'm starting to focus less and less on what I'm saying and more and more on the needs of the people. I'm able to feel the spirit work through me more often, and it's the best feeling in the world. You all know me and how over anxious of a person I can be...well I think that anxiety has been getting in the way of me being a more effective representative of Christ, so I've been trying to slowly get rid of that anxiety and just focus on the spirit. And it definitely has been working. 

I should have some better stories next week what with the baptism of Ronald and everything. Glad to know all is well at home. and Daddy, HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TOMORROW!!!! I made you a card but then forgot to take a picture of it to send :( so you'll get that next week but just know I love you so much and will be thinking of you all day tomorrow!! and to answer your question, yes, you do look 50 ;) JKLOLZ  You're the youngest looking soon-to-be 50 yr old I know. People are always telling me how young my parents look when they see my pictures for real. So make it a good one. Don't be sad, and enjoy your weekend getaway at Pismo! Love you Dad! and love the rest of you oh so very much as well. You are all always in my prayers. until next week....

Love from Ecuador,


Hermana Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment