Querido Familia,
Only got 15 min so let's jump right into it shall we....first of all, not gonna lie. The news from home made me a tad jealous. I would have loved to hit up Anberlin with Rye and the Iz like no other, and also am wayyyy jealous of Izzie's Hollywood date seeing Matt and Joshua with you guys, Mom and Dad! How come I never got Daddy Daughter dates like that! wattttaaajokeee. ;) hehe jk. I'm glad you all had fun :)
So this week was a lot of highs and a lot of let downs...We found a couple great families and have had awesome spiritual lessons with both of them....The Pinta Family and the Diaz Fernandez Family...However, since they don't want to accept baptismal dates right now, our zone leaders are telling us to drop them....for me that's really frustrating because I love these people so much and I know that they feel the spirit when we teach them and that if they had more time to learn and receive answers to their prayers that they could progress. I feel like fulfilling my calling as a representative of Jesus Christ and being obedient to our leaders are contradicting each other. I know when people don't progress we have to search out the people that will....but these families we only met this past week...I'm pretty sure Christ never gave up on people, especially those who still had a desire to learn like these families do. So that has been frustrating...but I think if they attend church this coming week, the leaders will let us keep teaching them. I know there is a lesson for me to learn in all of this. I just need to figure out what that is. So we will see. And we still have Ronald who I told you about last week. He truly has been prepared and continues to learn and progress with enthusiasm. Hermana Yagual and I just love him so much.
Well I can defs relate to Bay with General Conference. In my mission, the missionaries aren't allowed to watch on Saturday. I was pretty bummed about that and then one Elder told me all the gringos were going to go into a room to watch conference in English on Sunday and I was stoked....So when that turned out not to be true, I was a bit let down to say the least. I mean I'm to the point with my Spanish where I can listen without getting a headache and can understand the basic themes....but it's still not a spiritually edifying experience as conference would be for me if I could hear their actual voices and understand every word effortlessly. Man, was I, and still am, dying to be spiritually fed. I'm not gonna lie, during President Eyring's talk in the morning session I just started crying. I could hear their voices, in English, faintly in the background but the Spanish voiceover was so loud I couldn't make anything out...and also it always takes them a second to transfer voices so the very beginning....like the first sentence...of every talk was in English with the actual voice of the person. So it was way hard having modern revelation from the prophets of the Lord being so close yet soo soo very far away...especially since I was yearning for that spiritual edification. But Motab was still in English so those few minutes of every session the spirit was just overwhelming for me :)
But despite that, I was definitely humbled as well. My companion was way excited asking me if I've ever been to the Conference Center and when I told her only once she went on and on about how awesome that would have been and how she would just die from excitement if she ever had the opportunity to go. I felt embarrassed that I had that opportunity so close to me my entire life and only took advantage of it for the first and only time last year. Like always, the life of a missionary continues to humble me as I grow and learn every day. I feel truly blessed to be a child of God in these days where we have the fulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ on this earth. Welp I'm out of time so until next week...
Love from Ecuador,
Hermana Harper
![]() |
| Me and Hermana Yagual eating lunch at a local restaurant |
| My Zone after transfers |


No comments:
Post a Comment