Monday, October 28, 2013

IT'S REALLY NOT ALL THAT SCARY : )


Harper Clan y Otras,
Well how goes it in good old America? All is well in Ecuador. So guess what? I'm in Guayaquil again!!! Hna Yagual was called to be the new Hermana Leader of our zone. So once again estoy aqui por consejo de los lideres....except I'm not a leader so i just hangout with all the other junior comps. fun stuff. (I'll try to hunt down and talk to the guy of reimbursment, mom.) 

So Jhordan and Pedro were baptized on Saturday!!! Like always, baptisms are just the greatest thing. And these two boys I can't even explain how prepared they were to join the church and how incredibly smart they are. When they bore their testimonies afterwards, it sounded like they were born and raised in the church. Seriously better than testimonies I've heard from kids who HAVE been raised and born in the church. haha. Jhordan, the 10 yr old, just kept saying how awesome it felt to follow the example that Christ gave us to be baptized   and Pedro how much peace he felt when he came up out of the water and how he knows without a doubt that the church is true and how he hopes that we, the missionaries, can find more people who are willing to accept the gospel, etc. Seriously, my heart. I'll send some pics of course but ya they were confirmed the next day and everything was great! 

Hna Yagual and I bought them a cake and everything; it was great. So now we gotta work hard this week to find some more golden investigators because we have nobody. I mean there's always people willing to listen so we have people we are teaching, we just don't have people that are progressing. We do need to put some fechas and bring people unto Christ. So this week will probs be a lot of knocking doors, wish me luck! haha. 

Well I don't think I got much else to say. Just that I feel very grateful to be a participant in this great work and am humbled every day. Especially from experiences like the Fernandez boys. Their sweet simple and quick acceptance of the gospel and willingness to obey the commandments is just such a great example to me. Like always, I just feel so incredibly blessed to lead the life that I have with the family and friends that make it so great. :)

Glad to hear things are good at home, and I hope you all have a fun Halloween!!!! I got the card by the way mom, it was awesome. I shared the stickers with my zone :) I think they were all scared by the photo of you and dad on the back of the card. hehe. My comp and I bought a few decorations and are gonna have a little combined Halloween/birthday party in the apartment because her birthday is on the 1st! Do some good Trick or Treating for me, ya? 

Love you all! Oh, and share the gospel, ok? its really not all that scary. :) Talk to you all next week!
con Gozo de Guayaquil,
Hermana Abbigail Harper

I, Mom, adore this photo!!








No comments:

Post a Comment