Well to answer your question Mom about how Hermana Clark and I are doing....we had cambios last Monday after writing. Hermana Clark left to another sector here in Cuenca, but the other zone and I have a new companion! Her name is Hna Brenes and she is from Costa Rica. She was in the zone that Hna Clark is in now. It was just a switcharoo no mas. She's got about 3ish months in the mission. She's really tall and speaks a lot of English! Like she can pray in English and everything. It's pretty cool. So this week has just been so crazy being the only one who knows anything about anything. The sector, the investigators, the members etc. It's rough. Don't get me wrong, my new comp is cool but I have really been missing Hermana Clark. But that's how all transfers are; It's hard to adjust at first. So anyways, guess what happened yesterday??? ALEXANDER GOT BAPTIZED!!! right?! came out of nowhere. We stopped by the capilla Saturday morning and the youth were there indexing for their upcoming temple trip and Alexander was there too, and said he wanted to go to the temple. The bishop was like cool, you can, you just gotta get baptized first. So he was like oh ok lets do it next week. !"·$& hablame enserrrriiiooo. So we go over to the house and the mom was completely normal again. It was deja vu. Like idk what happened. I guess her pregnancy really had been making her so sick that she really didn't want to see or talk to anyone but now she's feeling better?? so weird. And the dad was actually there but getting ready to head out of town for work again, so they were like well, let's just do it tomorrow. so that's what he did! He was baptized at 8am and then confirmed at 9am in Sacrament meeting. so. crazy. But seriously so bittersweet since this was Hna Clark and I's FAMILY. We worked with them for months and cried and cried over them and then 5 DAYS after she leaves the sector, Alexander gets baptized. It was seriously so sad that she wasn't there, but the important thing is that he got baptized. Seriously, such a miracle.
So it was a great ending to a really really hard week: adjusting to transfers, having a machete visit from the assistants, and meetings basically every morning where they tell you that you aren't good enough tends to take a toll on one's animos and confidence as a missionary. Seriously, it got so bad there were a couple days where i just cried and wanted to go home. These Elders are brutal, but lots of prayer and scripture study helps. Also what's most important is how Heavenly Father sees you amirite?? bueno, that's probs all I got to say about this week….Myra and Eddy were in Guayaquil half the time visiting family members but as of now everything is still good for Myra's baptism on Saturday!! So pray that everything goes well with that.
So fun you're importing all the old home movies Mom. Love the one of me being pummeled by the waves at 18months old and loving every second of it. Seems like the ocean and I were destined to be besties, huh? Dang I miss the ocean. ya mismo. Well keep up the good fight, fam y amigos. You're all great. I pray for you all everyday. KEEKS, CONGRATS ON YOUR MISSION CALL!!!! That was secretly one of the top places I wanted to go, like for reals. (New York, New York North) I'm a bit jealous. You're gonna be such an awesome missionary! Also, your hair is dark?? So crazy, you look like Shay!! So proud of you cuz!! Welp that's all folks, but enjoy the gnarly cuy-preparing, slash and roasting pics I snapped this weeek! nast stuff. Love you guys!!
Milagros en Cuenca,
Hermana Harper
![]() |
| POR FIN SE BATIZO ALEXANDER!!! |
![]() |
| Some more valle pics. I never get over how gorgeous it is. |
![]() |
| Messing around while filling up the font. haha |
![]() |
| CUY. SO NASTY. |









No comments:
Post a Comment