Monday, January 27, 2014

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER WANTED TO NOT HAVE A BIRTHDAY....

Hey Fam!

Short on time this week because the internet is dang slow and it's talking forevs to do anything....
BUT THANKS FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!!

I'm basically in denial that im turning 21. This is the first time I've ever wanted to not have a birthday. It's like I feel like time should be stopped while I'm in the mission. It feels like I just turned 20 and that my 20th year has now been robbed from me or something. I don't like it one bit. But that's how the mission is I guess. I'll get over it. But as me and all my friends are starting the 21 year old birthday cycle, the grand majority of these friends being in the mission as well, I've truly been in awe and so proud of us that as we are turning 21, we are in the mission field serving the Lord. While the majority of the world goes out and parties and drinks when they turn 21. Such a contrast. I'm so grateful that I have the knowledge of the gospel in my life and that I'm here instead of out in the world.


Well this week. Got some ingrown toenails removed. That was fun. Typical missioanry stuff. Delivered the gifts from Bro Beazer to his convert family and it was such a touching moment. They cried and were just so grateful. It was a really spiritual moment in my week. They also showed me  photos of when he was here. 19 yr old Beazer. hehe and the best part of it all.....MYRA LOPEZ TORRES WAS BAPTIZED!!!! See photos. I am so proud of her and just love her so much. She almost didn't get confirmed cause her and her husband got in a fight that morning and when we got to the church, she refused to get out of the car and go inside. But we said a prayer and talked to her and she eventually calmed down, went inside and got confirmed! We were scared there for a second.haha

Well I wanna say more but I'm out of time. Today for Pday we went with the other Hnas to these ruins. Basically just like a pile of rocks compared to what I've seen in Guatemala and Peru but it was still fun to take pictures with everyone and stuff. Well I love you all and am glad you're all doing well in California. Say hello to the beach for me. Hasta la proxima Lunes....

Con mucho amor enviado de Cuenca,

Hermana Harper

Have tons more ruin pics for next week but here's one of just us 6 for now



No comments:

Post a Comment