Monday, April 14, 2014

Living without Power for the past WEEK and a HALF...

On Sunday with Hna Mayra! She's a recent convert that helped us all the time in Tarqui! love her and miss her.
Well I feel like talking about this next week is almost pointless as.....I have been transferred. Got a call last night at 10:30. I was already sleeping because for the past week and a half Hna Martin and I had been living without power in the apt. It got cut off last Friday. So honestly a lot of the week was dealing with the Elders, trying to get them to help us fix it, going to centro to visit the light place, and running around charging our phone in random places since we couldn't charge it at home! haha It was crazy. Other than that, Marcelo is progressing well, and I have no doubt he will baptized in a couple of weeks! Just sad I won't be there. 

So I have been transferred to a little canton called NARANJAL!! It's like in between Cuenca and Machala, kind of but more towards the coast. It's only like a 2 hour bus ride from Guayaquil. So I'm back in the heat and the dirty coast. haha I feel like I'm in Machala again. But it's all good cause I love the coast.  I just loveeee love loveee Cuenca. But I had a good solid 5 month ride, and even though I already miss the weather, the views, and the culture, I am so stoked for what is to come here in Naranjal. 

So there are a total of 8 missionaries here. 4 elders and 4 hermanas. They just opened it up to missionary work about 8 months ago. Where we meet for church is even more ghetto than where Baylor meets! It's just a garage type thing in the middle of a road that used to be a little tienda. It doesn't even have a sign or anything! (I like Bay's legit ghetto sign. haha) Anywaysss, so apparently us 8 missionaries do everything since all the members are recent converts.  I'm kinda nervous about that, especially since one of the Elders is the old assistant whose gonna be finishing his mission soon. He's WAY intimidating! But he's nice I guess so it's all good. My comp is Hna Herrera and she's from Honduras. Don't know her that well still but she seems nice so I'm sure we shall get along just swell. 

But apparently there is a lot of pressure on us, as President really really cares a lot about Naranjal and comes to church here almost every week. He even has his church records here so he's an official member of the branch! woah. And in a couple weeks a 70 is coming to visit the branch and decide whether or not they're gonna build a capilla here. BUT apparently they baptize like crazy, because the work is so new and fresh. And they do their baptisms in the river since there's not a capilla, so that will be fun :) 

It was way sad to leave my hija, Hna Martin, but she's staying in Tarqui and guess who her new comp is???? HNA CLARK (Abbie's last companion whom she helped train)!!! So my step daughter is now the step mom of my daughter. messsed up. haha jk. I love them both so much and so I'm really happy Hna Martin is in good hands :) 

Well I'm about dead on my feet as I didn't get a wink of sleep other than a tad on the bus and I was actually throwing up all night while packing in the DARK. that was fun. haha But it's all good. I'm here safe and sound in Naranjal and I am sooooo soooo stoked to work here! I know this is where the Lord needs me right now. Apparently the Elders have known for 3 weeks now that I was going to be coming to Naranjal! Don't know why nobody told me. haha Well fam bamily keep on keepin on back in the good ol US of A. 

Shout out to my homebro BAYLOR ANDERS HARPER WHO IS COMPLETING 19 YEARS OF LIFE TODAY!!!!  holy cow. Love you so much Bay. You are such an amazing missionary. I look up to you a lot!! Loveeeee youuuuu. And love the rest of you as well. Pray that I'll acclimate well to being back on the coast ;) haha Can't wait to hear from all of you next week!!!

News from Naranjal,


Hermana Harper


Pics I snapped real quick from our apt window in Naranjal after bringing up my luggage and before leaving to write you. I'm definitely not in the Sierra anymore. Back on da coast baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment