When they did this about 25 people also handed him envelopes with their tithing (we aren’t an official branch, more just like a project of the mission. So for church headquarters we don’t exist, so the members can't pay tithing. There's not an account for it to go to) Anyways, so after a few envelopes Elder Uceda tried to hand them over to President Torres, but President was like I can't take those, we don’t have an account here, they're yours. So Elder Uceda was like hmmm…we'll have to fix that problem. But apparently it'll take a couple months to authorize things but I feel like way soon we're gonna get our capilla!
Then Saturday as planned we left at 5am to go to Cuenca. The training started at like 1pm and went to like 6:30. But honestly it didn’t even feel like 5.5 hours! It felt like 2 or something. I didn’t even get drowsy at all after traveling red eye. A miracle. But for real I don’t even know where to begin with how much we learned. Probably the most inspirational thing of my life. I took like 10 pages of notes. But they were all things our mission needed to hear. One of the main focuses was OLA. Oracion. Libro de Mormon. Asistencia a la iglesia. We need to ensure that all of our investigators have the complete chance to develop their faith in Christ through reading the Book of Mormon and experience a true repentance and conversion through true personal communication with our Father in Heaven through prayer BEFORE they enter into the waters of baptism.
He also talked a lot about how specific prayers are powerful. We can't just ask the Lord for revelation about an investigator, we need to ask him specific things that we can do to help an investigator and from there study until the inspiration comes. And that we may have to wait a while but when the Lord makes us wait, it’s a win-win situation. We learn. We progresss. We develop our patience. We develop our relationship and communication with the Lord. I'm not explaining this right but it was pretty much 5 hours of pure inspiration. Incredible.
|
Hermana Lujan, mi mama! Reunited!
|
From there we traveled right back to Naranjal, got home at like 1am and then woke up a few hours later to round everyone up for church. We had to move sacrament meeting up from 10am to 9am this week as at 9:30, so still in the middle of the meeting, we had to leave to catch the bus to Guayaquil for consejo. Well me and my comp and the zone leaders. We arrived, ate lunch, and then had a short and sweet consejo with Elder Uceda for like 3 hours. (apparently consejos are normally like 6) I think it was short cause he had to catch his plane home. Once again, pure inspiration. I'll have to show you guys my notes one day. Haha but he talked a lot again about helping investigators to learn to do things for themselves, and also about working with the members. The period has ended where the missionaries find and teach and baptize by themselves. Gone. Doesn’t exist, this mentality anymore. The new vision is that we gain the trust of the members and help them to help us in the obra. But consejo was great. I saw Hermana Catmull, Hermana Wiscomb, and Hermana Nazer! And also Hermana Lujan and Hermana Brenes! Good times good times.
Ok... Well, this week we might have a baptism of an older couple named Isela and Ancelmo. They are both super sweet and pretty much accept everything we say. I love them so much. But after these training sessions with Elder Uceda, we are gonna wait and see what happens this week to see if they are ready for baptism. We are gonna help them even more to develop their faith in Christ, etc. Well I have been so spiritually edified this weekend I have barely even scratched the surface of everything that I have learned. I am so excited to get to work and apply everything that Elder Uceda taught us. I'm out of time, but things continue to be going great here in Naranjal. I'm loving every minute of it. Update me on your lives everyone! Love you!
Xoxo Hermana Harper
|
My comp is Hermanaa Herrera and she's from Honduras
|
|
Us outside of our garage chapel. We were cleaning it Wednesday night before Elder Uceda came. haha
|
|
The streets outside the capilla was flooded so we were scooping the water out with a bucket. lolz.
|
|
Enjoying being above the clouds as I once more make the trek to Cuenca :)
|
|
In the background is my capilla in Cuenca! I never got a pic with it so I took advantage.
|
| Hermana Nazer |
| Hermana Catmull, Hermana Wiscomb |
|
Where I ate lunch today. haha The sketchy salchipapa truck!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment