Monday, April 21, 2014

LOTS of MIRACLES HAPPEN in NARANJAL...

Hey Family,

So this week was Semana Santa....Holy Week and the Catholics were going crazy. I'll attach some photos that we took from our window of the processions and parades that they did in the street with people dressed like Jesus and the thieves holding crosses....and then later in the night they passed by carrying a coffin.....umm I don't remember that ever happening in the Bible. hahah Seriously sooooo many people though! It was crazy. 

Well so much has happened this week, I'm not even sure where to start. First of all, Naranjal is awesome. It's so bloody hot and I sweat all day every day like crazy but there are so many people to teach! We definitely put at least ten baptismal dates this week.. Unfortunately not all have progressed since then and only a handful came to church, but the awesome part is that each and every single one we put were with people who actually wanted to!! They weren't just saying yes because we were being really convincing and persuasive. And all the members, aka recent converts, basically ALL have friends and family for us to visit. So it's just like a chain effect, which is the greatest and most effective way to do missionary work. 

So on Saturday, President showed up to our meeting. We were sitting outside the "church" waiting for the leaders to show up and unlock it when President just comes rolling up in car, nbd. haha He came to talk to us more about Elder Euceda, the 70 who is visiting the mission this week. He's going to be coming to Naranjal this Thursday. He's only going to stay for a half an hour and we have been rallying all the members to come so he can see how rapidly the church is progressing here and so he can approve the construction of a capilla! We're really excited. Then on Sunday, we show up to church and the assistants were there. We had a special transmission for Ecuador, which I thought was weird. Why only Ecuador?? but whatever, it's cool. Elder Holland and Elder Scott both spoke. Elder Scott speaks Spanish, so he gave his own talk. Elder Holland doesn't, so much of his was translated but he started it addressing us in Spanish, so cute, and ended it bearing his own testimony in Spanish too. I cried. SO POWERFUL. and to hear it in Spanish, but in his own voice, was seriously so incredible. So that was  a great experience. I love Ecuador. 

So this week is going to be crazy. Tomorrow night we travel to Guayaquil for consejo de los lideres, leadership council. Oh I forgot to tell you that I'm an Hermana Leader now with my companion. Not gonna lie, I was kind of hoping I'd never be called to be an Hermana Leader. I don't want the responsibility!! haha but it's ok. Elder Euceda is gonna be at the consejo too. So anyways, that will happen on Wednesday so we wont get back to Naranjal til Wednessday night. And then on Thursday is when Pres Euceda will be here in Naranjal. Then on Saturday morning at like 5 am were gonna travel to Cuenca to have our multi-zone conference with President Euceda. So I'll be back  in Cuenca for a day! haha should be fun to see everyone. And then on Sunday, we have our branch conference. It's gonna be crazy but I'm excited. 

No Naranjal....those pics I sent last week were of centro, where we live. The nicest part of town. It's pretty much all dirt roads and very humble houses. Definitely the poorest area I've been to in Ecuador. But I love it because it makes for humble people who are ready to accept the blessings of the gospel into their lives.

Ok, so the only investigators I'm gonna tell you about for now for times sake are the ones who are closest to getting baptized, Nancy and Grace. They are sisters. Nancy is 26 and Grace 21. Grace has only been to church once but Nancy has been 3 times already. They are so awesome and want to get baptized but are scared of making the committment. We will see how it goes!! 

Well I wanna tell you more but I'm short on time....next week entonces....but We have had so many powerful spiritual lessons it's insane. Lots of miracles happen in Naranjal and being Hermana Leaders, and having an equal teaching plane is nice too. Speaking of my comp, she is awesome! She's so cute and fun and we get along really well. I have already learned so much from her! Well I've written alor but still feel like I haven't even told you half of what I have to say....I'll try and organize my thoughts better for next week to tell you more :) Love you all, thanks for all the love and support!! :)

Love,  Hermana Harper





No comments:

Post a Comment