Thursday, June 6, 2013

Abbie's 1st Letter Home

Hey Family!

So do not fret i am here safe at the MTC! So first things first, I cussing forgot my temple reccommend. After I went through all that work to wd40 that newport case im kind of upset about it. haha i was freaking out at first, but the secretary lady told me she would let President know and he will probs schedule an interview with me so i can get a new one. So hopefully that works out. 

Also, guess what? There was nobody else on my flight! Which is weird since its LAX, but i was alone until after customs and immigration in Lima. There ended up being about 15 other elders and sisters there waiting. (they had all flown into the atlanta airport to fly to LIMA.) 

Ok so this is really imortant mom, the immunization record paper you gave me is not what they need. They need the yellow one that i got at the health center that shows my yellow fever shot. They dont really care about the other ones, just the yellow fever mainly. So send that ASAP otherwise I wont be able to go to ecuador when the time comes. Also, my medium sized suitcase it already broken. It came off the carousel with the handle sticking out, and it won´t go back down. So someone loading or unlaoding the plane yanked it too hard I guess. it´s still usable obviously but I´m worrie dbaout it since it still has 18 months to survive. oh well.

So for breakfast this morning I had cornflakes and pineapple aguas frescas. That was the only option. haha but im not really a breakfast person as you know, so i was completely fine with that. Im in a trio companionship, Hermana Catmull and Hermana Wiscomb. We are all gringos who flew in last night. We all get along really well. The two other girls in our room have been here for two weeks, and they´re also both from the states and seem really cool. However they kind of scared us a little because apparently how sacrament meetings works here is they have everyone prepare 5 min talks on a topic like faith or something and then randomly call on a few people to give it. So you never know whether you´re gonna be called on or not and have to be prepared no matter what. Which wouldnt be a big deal but apparently they have to be in spanish. So that´s scary. Well besides breakfast all we´ve done so far is have the meeting where they collected all of our paperwork. So there´s not really much to tell, plus they are only giving us a few minutes. Hopefully I´ll have something more exciting to tell you guys on Pday!Well, I love you guys so much! It´s already really hard to be away from you all, but i´m sur eit well get better. My roommates told us to just make it through sunday and things will be good. Wish me luck as I try to navigate spanish. Or more importantly, the gospel in spanish. I love you all!

Love from Lima,


Hermana Harper

1 comment: