FAMILIA!
The internet is being really sketchy and I just used half my email time loading a compose page. So i dont have much time to write today which is lame, but nothing new happened this week anyways since it's just the same old same old...there comes a point where i've already told you about everything that happens within the compound walls. haha but it was a good week. They are starting to go by quickly now, its seems like only a few days ago I was having a Pday and now its Pday again! Crazy stuff. So i figured i would use this time to answer some questions of yours that I haven't been able to get to yet.
So Baylor was wasking me about the teachers and leaders and whether or not they spoke english...the answer is yes and no. President Cardon and his wife are American so yes they totes obvi speak english so that's nice for sure. The branch presidency of the gringo branch (Rani Manti) are also american so basically sundays are english days and its super great. However all other teachers related to the CCM are latinos and they speak little to no english. Some speak it pretty decently actually, but the ones that do pretend that they don't cause they are only supposed to talk to us in spanish. haha but we always know who can because they understand our side conversations with each other. But honestly the maestros are awesome and communicating with them is easy because idioma doesn't matter, the spirit is what matters. My night teacher, Hna Dionicio can't speak english at all but she understands a fair amount so spanglish and love is what gets you by. She's so cute. She calls us hermanas her angels. She always says, "mis angeles mis angeles!" I love her. My other night teacher Hno Daren Mostacero is such a stud. Hes 23 and going to the university here but he served his mission in Chiclayo! I told him Baylor is going there and he got way stoked. He said he will keep an eye out for him in july. I hope you get him as a teacher bay! cause he is so awesome. Hno Bejar who is his best friend but teaches another district. The two of them are always causing mischief in the halls and playing pranks. Hna Dionicio told us their girlfriends always joke that they should just marry each other. Come se dice "bromace." haha Anyways my point is you can still become friends and converse with the latinos despite the language barrier so esta bien.
Next pregunta...are there a lot of other white elders? Well not when i first got here...there were only like 10 then but this new group that came in earlier this week were almost all gringos. So now the CCM has more white people than latinos which is way weird...I kinda like just having our clan of gringos with swarms of latinos to socialize with. pero, esta bien. Some of the new elders are going to chiclayo! I think they will leave here right before bay gets here though, but they will probs meet in the field!
Next question....yes it is scary. Its way scary at first actually. But you get used to the schedule and you become family with your district and you learn and grow together and its awesome. make friends outside your district though bay, cause my best friends here are hermanas in another district. But i absolutely love my district, they are seriously like family. I cant wait to hangout with them after the mish in real life. haha ok mom i think you asked my companions first names? Leah Catmull and Kaylee Wiscomb. And yes they are both going to my mission. Everyone in my district is either going to my mission or to Santa Cruz Bolivia. All the elders are santa cruz but i kind of like that cause now I can write them as friends after the CCM! Oh and baylor, the CCM stands for Centro de Capacitation Misional. Not sure if I spelled that right but whatevs. Oh also bay I think you asked me if i was teaching lessons in spanish yet...well guess what you start teaching lessons in spanish your 2nd day here! haha you never get to do it in english. We use spanglish though. Our teachers call it tarzan teaching, because our spanish sounds like tarzan talking to them. You teach on the daily though so it stops becoming scary after the first time or two. Oh, also your teachers just pose as investigators so that's also why it's not that scary. haha
ok HAPPY CUSSING BIRTHDAY ISABEL!!!!!! I hope your 15th is fantastic and youre having an awesome time at girls camp. I love you girl!! and Riley youre 23 again?? Whats that about?? haha jk, HAPPY CUSSING BIRTHDAY to you too RILEY!!! I love you so incredibly much as well. It was definitely sad missing two of my siblings birthdays this week. Ok my time is almost up but I miss you all so much! Oh and I sent some letters home the other day they will probs get to the house in a week or two. Oh and if people send things to me normal US postal is the quickest way. Pouch and dear elder take forever to get here. but it's the fastest way for us to send them out. it's werid. and no sign of the package yet mom. Hopefully it gets here! Oh also mom do you have a luggage receipt from my flight here?? The secretary keeps bugging me about it so they can reimburse me but I have no idea what she is talking about; i dont have a receipt with my things. Do you know anything about that? Just let me know. Ok well I seriously gotta go, keep writing everyone!!!! i loveeeee letters from anyone and everyone! (tell baker and kenz they stink for not writing and that elders harrison and dahl are disappointed they didn't have anything to tell me about them.) haha until next everyone!
Love from Lima,
Hermana Harper
Love this!! She's funny...
ReplyDelete