Familia!
Oh my goodness gracious i have no idea where to start and there are these giant red numbers counting down my time at the top of the screen. Ok I guess ill just get right into it. Primero, espanol es muy difficil. Also i have no idea how to use this keyboard to put accents and punctuation and stuff so whatever. Life in the CCM (pronounced ce ce emme) is a crazy emotional roller coaster. I can go from laughing and having fun with my district one minute to wanting to............. I can also go from being totally pumped and confident one minute to completely discouraged and on the verge of tears the next. The days are long and stressful, but i honestly find it to be harder in the morning waking up and gettting ready and in the night getting ready for bed then during the long days. Because at least during the hours and hours of study and classes I am distracted and don't have time to be sad, even though it is really hard.
| Me in front of the CCM sign |
Ok so the food is not even bad at all. Every once in a while we will be served an iffy dish, but for the most part it is all bien. The best part is that there are aguas frescas at every meal! Sometimes they are too weird to drink but they have the normal ones a lot too and those are so dang fresh and good. We have lots of chicken, rice, potatoes, vegetables, noodles, bread, etc. But they are pretty good at changing it up with their sauces and seasoning so its been a pretty good variety. However im sure the meals will start repeating themselves throughout the week. ummm we have about 8 hours of classes a day. 4 different teachers. all my teachers are super nice. Hno lazos y hermano tellas are my morning teachers and hna dicinosio and hno modecero are my evening teachers. lazos and modecero are my favorite, they are goof balls who say things like bomdiggity and que en el freaking mundo! and the reason it's really funny is because they speak basically no english. They know some words here and there but otherwise its all espanol! (hear that bay?) haha however it's pretty easy to communicate with them because they speak really slow and use hand motions so i am basically always able to get the gist of what they are saying. Other than classes we have an hour of personal study and an hour of language study each day. Those are nice hours of alone time. We also have an hour of physical activity. lolz. sometimes our whole district just messes around and plays volleyball together but othertimes me and hermanas wursten y faulk (in my district) actually run laps around the compound (that's what we call the CCM) and do push ups and crunches and stuff. crazy, right? haha So thats what i do an an average day. We say baout 20 prayers a day and sing about 10 hymns a day. all en espanol. Sunday was awesome cause all the gringos are in one branch and its in english so we can actually understand. we watched the joseph smith movie too which was awesome cause it has been a while since I had seen it. all the girls were bawling and all the elders were sleeping. so typical.
Alright so being in a trio is hard. its really hard to coordinate with 3 people, especially when teaching. We are all so different and have different opinions sooooo it's been kinda rough. although teaching is sooooo soo hard to do with 3 people! We keep talkin over each other and planning lessons is the worst cause everyone wants to do something different. we have only taught twice so far though so im sure we will get the hang of it eventually. Hopefully we won't kill each other before that happens. haha pero, esta bien. Also the Elders in my district are pretty cool too. There are only 4 of them (but there are 11 hermanas) Elder Hughes from Texas is my favorite. He's really funny. His companion, Elder Harrision from Virginia, is awesome too. But the 15 of us spend soooo much time together so we are all bound to be best friends.
| Me with my treats! |
Alright, well my time is almost up and I'm going to try and attach some pictures before I get kicked off. But I love everyone and miss you every minute of every day! (seriously, i'ts hard. you have no idea how much I wish I was at
Sano with everyone whom i love dearly last night.) But I know this is where I am supposed to be despite how overwhelmed and inadequate i feel. So send the prayers my way because I for sure need them. I love you all!
Hermana Harper
No comments:
Post a Comment