FAMILIA!!
Ok, so email time is seriously one of the most stressful parts of the week! So much to say, so little time. Just got back from an awesome pday. Just some more temple and shopping but it's always nice to get to leave the compound. haha
Ok so i forgot to tell you last week but the food has not made me sick! No siempres for abbie. haha
I probs shouldn't say that cause it's bound to happen eventually but so far I've been lucky. I did get a really bad head cold on saturday after proselyting but i got sudafed so it's all good. So yes, I went proselyting on Saturday! We all loaded up on buses and they shipped us out to various parts of Lima. My bus went to a place called Naña that was like 2 hours away. My comp for the day was Hermana Moats from the district right abouve me and she is AWESOME. Her and her companion, Hermana Jameson are two of my best friends here in the CCM. Along with my total rad roommate Hermana Moir. They are all in the same district. I kinda wish I was in theirs cause they are all awesome, but I am learning a lot from my distrcit so está bien. Elder Hughes and Elder Harrison are my faves in my district. Have I told you about them? They are just super funny dudes who keep me sane throughout the hours and hours of class.
Anyways back to proselyting, it was way scary but way cool. Tons of people were just out and about walking on the streets and we would just appraoch them and invite them to church. South Americans are just so humble and friendly and basically everyone stops for you. Second guy we talked to, his name was Antonio. We were walking down a road along a park and were planning on continuing down that road but instead randomly decided to turn down one of the branching off streets to our left instead. No sooner had we turned down that road did we see a man kind of peering at us sideways a few driveways down. So of course we approached him and it turns out he was a member who had been baptized in his youth but hadn't been to church in ten years. He said he had seen us walking by the park and was immediately reminded of two sister missionaries who had taught his parents years ago and he wanted to talk to us but didn't how to. And sure enough, that was when we turned down his road. The spirit is awesome. We didn't even think of turning down the road as a prompting at the time, but the lord always knows best. We took down his information for the local elders and invited him to church and he said he would go! I hope he did. There are a couple more cool things I could share but there is simply not enough time. This week was more of the same, lots of stress and feelings of inadequacy but also lots of awesome moments and feelings from the spirit.
Ok I wish I had time to make my letters super good but I don't even have enough time to reread them and make sure everything makes sense! But I love you all so very very much. Bay I am so sad I missed all the exciting things in your life this past week. Like seriously I have gotten teary over it. Just know that I am so proud of you. You are so incredibly awesome. You are so prepared to go on a mission and I can't wait to see the wonderful things that you do. Congrats on the temple and priesthood, make sure to email me about how you felt next week! Also tell Parky and RJ congrats on their endowments and priesthood too! I so wish I could of been there. I love all my seniorz. I mean, graduates.
HAPPY (late) FATHER'S DAY DADDY!!! I love you so incredibly much, you have always been such a great example to me, and I've always been so proud to call you my father. You are seriously the coolest.
Keep the letters coming everyone, I seriously love to hear from every single one of you, even if it's just a few sentences.
Well the CCM is sometimes awesome, and it is sometimes my worst enemy. We have a very love hate relationship. But I'm glad im here. Growth is the best.
Love from Lima,
Hermana Harper
ps mom, yes i have my yellow fever card! I gave it to the secretary and all is well. Cant wait for the package! youre awesome. also the picture book is a hit with all my chill friends and roomates from the other district. They all want to hang out with me post mish because they said my life looks awesome. which it is. hehe so thanks for making it despite me being difficult. You always know best! Love you! :)
pps - tell baker that her friend matthew harrison is in my district and that he's the best. and that she should write me about it. its kind of funny cause there are only 4 elders in my district and one of them knows baker and another one (elder dahl) knows kenz from BYUI. talk about uncanny. (add this to the big letter mom) thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment