Monday, February 17, 2014

I'M a MAMA!!!!!!.....

Familia Mia,

Well so much has changed since we have last conversed.....still in Cuenca. Still in Monay. (going on 4 months now. dats waddup.) Here's for the kicker.....I'M A MAMA!!!!!! Was outside a menos activas hosue talking to her with Hna Brenes last Monday night when all of a sudden, the elders come huffing and puffing around the corner shouting, Oh my gosh we found you guys!!! It's a miracle!!! and we're like, What happened to you guys??? and they're like, Sorry lady we gotta go and dragged us away at a run and we're like, Ok obviiii there's cambios, just tell us! and they're like, We gotta get you guys on a bus to Guayaquil asap!! and we're like, Ok but tell us where we're gonna end up! (stupid elders : ) ) and they are finally like Hermana Harper, you're training. I think still here in Monay. and Hna Brenes, we can't tell you yet. !"#$%& So we go home to pack a bag for 2 nights in like 5 min and get on a bus to Guayaquil. 

We get there at like 2 am, and sleep at the nurse's house. In the morning we went over to the temple and had a meeting with all the future trainers and President. It's a small group, only 5 trainers, which is REALLY weird. Even weirder, we were all gringos! But the best part is that trainers get to do a temple session before meeting their hijos!!! So I got to do a session for the first time since leaving the MTC and it was the best feeling in the world. Like I can't even describe how much comfort and peace I felt being in the House of the Lord and remembering all those sacred covenants I have made with my Heavenly Father. I seriously love the temple so much. AND THE NEW VIDEO!!!! SO AWESOME!!!!! The whole time Hna Bytheway and I were like looking at each other with our mouths open because we were just so overcome with the power and spirit of the new video. So powerful. They only gave us like 5 min in the Celestial room but it was still just so incredibly nice to be there. Just what I needed. 

So when we exit the temple, the 5 greenies were out there taking pictures with President. Guess what, also all gringos. 5 gringo newbs and 5 gringo trainers. Say what? which almost never happens, but President just said he felt inspired that this is what they needed. So here we are! We even did the orientation meeting in English cause all the nuevos speak English! It was so weird but WAYYYY cool to hear President in English. So I definitely received some awesome revelations listening to President in English. He's awesome, I love him. 
After the session before we even knew who was gonnabe our new comps.

So that night we slept at the temple and the next morning made our way back to Cuenca!! So we didn't have much time to work this week, and therefore still have no investigator, but thanks for all your prayers. I have faith that we are gonna find people soon!!! I have faith but if not, it's like you said Mom, we just gotta do our part and trust in the Lord and his plan. 

Well my hija is Hermana Chelsey Martin. She's 19 and is from Blackfoot, Idaho. speaks no Spanish. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING relies on me, which doesn't only include teaching the Cuencanos, but also the responsibility I have to teach and train her. Talk about overwhelming, but she's way cute and we get along way well. I'm really excited!!!!! It's gonna be hard, but I know the Lord wants us as companions, I know that without a doubt. 

Welp I gotta go, but sounds like you all had a fun Valentine's day!!! not gonna lie, forgot about it. haha and the Olympics! not gonna lie, bummed I'm missing out on that.  Also, look up on facebook Barrio Monay. They have a page and there should be a couple pics of me on there. haha Well shout out to THE TAN CLAN!!!! Finally got your guys Christmas package. Love the socks and the scarf and the earrings and candy!!!! You guys are the best. Still no bday package or envelope but I have faith they'll show up eventually Mom!!! Maybs I'll just have a 2nd bday in April. haha Also tell Chad I sent him an email last week but idk if he saw it since he's now home!!!! So tell him to check his mission email if he can. Well you guys are always in my prayers and I love you all so incredibly much!!! We shall talk next week. :)

Lovessss,   Hermana Harper
The next morning....me and my hija Hna Martin!!!!
Me with Hna Bytheway. funny story. We both lived in Chathamtowne at BYU the same year and were in the same ward and everything. lolz. Even better.....same FHE group and I was her FHE mom!! I think we had talked once but we defs were't friends....but now we are! so crazy. love her. 

 Some cool pics I took on the drive up to Cuenca 

The terminal in Guayaquil. Tons of missionaries there having transfers and was reunited with my mom! Hna Lujan! I'm standing next to her in this pic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment