Monday, February 10, 2014

WHEN ALL the PEOPLE ARRIVED it was LIKE BABYLON

Helllooooo mi Familiaaaa,

So still no package. On Tuesday I got one and was stokeeeeed. It was the one with the calendar and jump drive, which is awesome by the way! Love itttt. I'm backing up my photos now Mom as we speak. But then I called the office cause I thought it was weird that came before the bday one when you sent the bday one first, and they said the only thing in the office for me right now is something small from Huntington Beach. I'm guessing it's something from the Tanners?? (Hey thanks Tanclan, love ya guys!!! I should get it in a few weeks :) )  But apparently there's not anything else, so maybe it got lost :(  Do you have a tracking number for it Mom? Maybe it'll jsut take awhile like Bays 3rd Christmas package. haha

Well anyways this week was hard. We have no investigators. Every once in awhile we meet someone cool and get all excited but then they don't progress; it's the worst. Once again, no one in church, the worst feeling in the world.  But we trudge along nonetheless. On Tuesday I had intercambios and worked in Hna Nazer's sector with her. We had fun together chattin about BYU and what not and it's always great to just vent and discuss with another gringa. And since the next day we had our 8 month mish anniversary, we bought each other flowers and chocolate because we found Snickers and the flowers are way cheap! only a dollar! The same price as the Snickers! haha So that was fun, see pics.

Another reason why this week was hard was because smack dab in the middle of our sector this weekend was a planned street race. They raced everything: cars motorcycles etc. But the main event is when they race semi trucks!!  How crazy?!?! In the morning when they were settting up, we made friends with a guy cleaning one of them and took some silly pics. haha. But later when all the people arrived it was like Babylon. I felt like I was at a mini outdoor festival or something. Same vibes, alcohol, street food, people milling around the grass, loud music, flyers littering the ground, etccccc. Not gonna lie, it made me a little trunky for my music scene but at the same time i just wanted to declare repentance and invite everyone to church. haha. But because of this event nobody was home. We literally couldn't do anything all day. 

But I'm just trying really hard to trust in the Lord, remain faithful, and work hard. Easier said than done, but I just try and stay positive and look for the lesson, because the Lord is always having us learn something :) Well it sounds like you guys are all doing great at home. I hope you know how much your letters mean to me. The support and love is always exactly what I need and even just updating me on your lives gives me animos. So keep on writing! Love you all!!! Till next week...

Lovessss from Cuenca,

Hermana Abbigail Harper
Bought Ecuador jerseys with our names on them for only 6 bucks! I got the number 21 since I had just turned 21 when we ordered them. hehe anyways being silly :)








No comments:

Post a Comment