No time this week, but truthfully it's been more of the same. We have a lot of potential investigators,
We are starting to work with a niece and a nephew of 9 and 19 yrs old of a sister of the ward. She's their aunt and they just started living with her about a month ago, and coming to church as well. So it's even possible they might be baptized on Saturday since they have so many asitencias (attendances) already. We are working together with the Elders, the boy Erik is their investigator and the girl Jennifer is ours. They are super cute, so we shall see what happens there! Other than that, all the same.
They had elections yesterday so the streets were crazy cause everyone was out and about voting. Apparently it is obligatory here for everyone 18 and older to vote and if you don't vote, you basically can't do anything like get a bank account, buy a car, etc. It would be like having junk credit. weird right? kind of ironic in my opinion.
So next week we are going to do a talent show in the ward for an obra misonal actividad. We are preparing our number right now, it's gonna be great. I'll be sure to have someone video it. Oh, today I had to get a flu shot! The whole zone did. It was so sketch, they weren't even wearing gloves! gotta love South America.
Well truthfully, I think that's all I got as my time is basically out. Sorry for the lame email; I'll try to make up for it next week. Thanks for all the letters, love, and support. I couldn't do it without you guys. I know that this work is the Lord's work, and that being a representative of Christ here in his vineyard is one of the greatest privileges I will ever have in my life. Sometimes I don't feel worthy of it, but I just always remember that because of Christ and his mercy, he makes up for my weaknesses and imperfections, and that as long as I try my best, he will make up for the rest. It really is a miraculous thing what he did for us, and we will never be able to repay the debt no matter how hard we try. But that doesn't mean we just shouldn't try. We should give it our all each and every single day. As my dear mother tells me, Keep on Keepin' on friends!
Love, Hermana Abbigail Harper
No comments:
Post a Comment