Monday, March 3, 2014

WE'VE GOTTEN WATER-BALLOONED, SQUIRT-GUN-SPRAYED......

Helllllooooo Family,

You have found me in the middle of Ecuador during Carnival festivities. It's crazy. We've gotten water-ballooned and squirt-gun-sprayed and can-of-soap-stuff sprayed countless times. We were in the house all day yesterday after lunch, and today and tomorrow they're only giving us 2 hours to work. but ya, Wednesday everything will be back to normal. and Dad, the talent show is actually THIS friday so I'll send the pics from that next week :)

So last Monday was Hna Maria's bday and we ate dinner at their house. Lasagna!!! with chicken. hehe. Hna Maria is like our mom in the mission. She's the cutest and I love her so much. I'll attach pics. You will also find....BAPTISM pics!!!! The niece and nephew of Hna Francisca got baptized!!! Erik who is10 and Jennifer who is 9. They are the cutest, but it was so crazy. Long story short, I had to teach them all the lessons: The restoration, the Word of Wisdom, the Law of Chastity, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the Law of Tithing ALL in one day, before their interviews, which were supposed to happen Tuesday night. They were gonna meet us at the church at 6. They didn't show up. The elders showed up at 7 for the interview and we didn't know what to do. We got permission from the zone leaders to go to their house (they live in a different sector but Hna Francisca has stake permission to attend in Monay) and finally find them at like 8:15.  A miracle I tell you, cause the attention spans of these children did not last very long. and they MIRACULOUSLY passed their interviews right after. One of the craziest nights of my life. and that's the watered down version of the story :) 

And then on Wednesday President came and we had an awesome training with him. Learned lots about obedience and faith. good stuff. and I don't think I ever mentioned this, but a few weeks ago President banned all music other than hymns. I cried when the leaders told us. no joke. Probs why I didn't mention it cause I was just trying not to think about it. Definitely a trial for me, but I know if I'm obedient I will be blessed. But it's only after the trial of our faith that we will receive said blessings! :) That's what I remind myself of on the daily. haha Well anyways, the baptism service went great. Hna Francisca bore her testimony after and cried and the spirit was so strong! We not only helped these two kids, but even more so, we helped their aunt. The kids just moved in with her a month ago after their mom abandoned them and there are 4 in total. So needless to say, she's been having a rough go at it. But I know that the kids embracing the gospel have helped her :) Well I'm short on time but I'll update you all on everything else that happened last week!! (and I might have to send pics later cause the cyber is closing) love you all!!
Loves, Hermana Harper



1 comment:

  1. The area looks beautiful. Abbie is an awesome girl and missionary.. :) Such a cute letter. Love, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete