Saturday, March 15, 2014

Funny Story about Abbie and Carnival last Monday, March 10th

This story is told by Abbie's companion....pretty funny : )


OY so we packed up which took all night so we didn't sleep we got to our new sector, they don't have hot water, and our apartment is on the 4th floor so we have to climb four levels everyday and we only have a mini fridge, and two spoons. two bowls. three plate one knife and one baby pan and some pots! so it is just really interesting. hahahaha Eye opener for sure!! Cold showers, and I mean ice cold are not a good time ahahha but it's supposed to be getting fixed soon! haha Sorry about last week, things with Carnival were crazy, and we didn't have time to write. Don't worry though I will catch you up! I HAD MY FIRST BAPTISM!!! It was awesome! Her name is Jenny and she is amazing. It was such a spiritual experience, and I am so glad I got the opportunity to be a part of it. Funny story about the baptism, so it was a brother and sister that got baptized, and after the brother got baptized, who is ten, they shut the doors and he starts swimming around, yeah it took some convincing to get him to come out! haha So Carnival, it's not anything like on the movie Rio. Here for Carnival it is basically four days of people throwing water on people and spraying everyone they see with this foam stuff. Yep, not as fun as it sounds haha. And being Gringa, and walking around in skirts, it turns out we were pretty big targets, haha one time some little kids were chasing us with water balloons, and my companion (Abbie) yells " SOMOS REPRESENTATES DE JESUCRISTO!!!" I was laughing so hard I could barely run. Gotta love it! Then on the way to the baptism we were crossing the street, and a car drives by and sprays the foam stuff all over my face and my hair! Oy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment