Well so as not to hold you all in suspense, the Morocho family got baptized!!!! Alexandra and her two sons, Jonathan and Justin. Everything went decent for a South American baptismal service....sure the capilla was out of gas so we couldn't fill the font with hot water and then the person who was supposed to fill the font never showed up to do it and someone giving the talk bailed.....but they got baptized and the spirit was felt and all was well :) It truly was a miracle that we witnessed to see this family go from not even letting us in their house to dressed in white in the baptismal font. Talk about incredible. Seeing the Lord work miracles in his vineyard is one of the biggest privileges we have as missionaries in the field.
Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to see the women's broadcast. We weren't allowed to go which I thought was weird, but I'm super bummed cause I heard it was awesome! Also, so crazy they had it all women 8 and up and not just young women or just relief society. sounds cool though. So other than the Morocho family, not much has been going on. We dropped the college kid investigators cause they don't want to progress, don't want to go to church or listen anymore, etc. Kinda sad but oh well, we gotta find those who have been prepared. So we kinda don't have investigators right now and need to find some new ones! ![]() |
| Love this girl! |
However, we are working on Alexandra's sister, Sonya. Shes a little brava as they say in spanish (not a good word for it in English) and harder to reach. But she's gone to church these past 3 weeks and went to the baptism and everything, so we have hope :) In other Tarqui news, there's a new cute gringo couple in the ward! just moved here a few days ago from New York and plan on being here for a year. They're bloggers and have a really popular blog apparently. So that's pretty cool.
OH and something so awesome happened on Sunday! I ran into my best friend from Boyaca Machala, Michelle!!! She just got married last week and is here with her new husband honeymooning and they came to our sacrament meeting! We like freaked out when we saw each other; it was a happy reunion. I just love her so much! And she was able to update me on my converts who she knew and I was pleased to hear that Ronald, Pedro, Jhordan, and Alejandro are all doing well. Made me so happy :) Well I think that's all for now, folks. So crazy that you have spring break next week! My how time flies. Enjoy conference in English as I suffer through it in Spanish. haha for real though, modern day revelation people, make it a priority in your lives! Thanks for all the support and letters, I love you all!!
Con amor, Hermana Harper



No comments:
Post a Comment