Well this week has gone by super fast yet super slow at the same time, but I guess that's just the mission in general. hehe Honestly I can't even really think of much that happened other than NICOLAS ARIAS WAS BAPTIZED!!! It was pretty crazy cause we had English classes at 5, the ward had a talent show at 6, and the baptism was scheduled for 7. It seems a little tight but doable right? No, this is Ecuador. So of course the talent show didn't start until 7:30, an hour and a half late, leaving the baptism not starting until a little after 9. But honestly, Nicolas's mom didn't get there till the last 10 min of the talent show anyways so we actually probs wouldn't have been able to start much sooner regardless. But still soooooo stressful. Not to mention that I have been sick all week and Saturday was the worst day of them all. I may or may not have thrown up out back of the capilla in the middle of the talent show....typical Abbie moment ;) But it ended up being really great.
So anyways, Juan Santiago is the brother of his neighbor friend, David, who is on a mission. Juan Santiago baptized him and then confirmed him the next day as well. It was basically just a well rewarding weekend :) So our investigator who had baptism dates for this Saturday are a mom and daughter. Leonor who is 63 and Carmen who is 90. But unfortunately Carmen was really sick this past week and couldn't come to church so now she can't be baptized cause she doesn't have 2 asistencias. We hope Leonor will still have the desire to follow through with her decision though! They are both really cute ladies. Leonor's sister, so Carmen's other daughter, was baptized around 6 months ago so we are really trying to work hard to complete this family! We have had such awesome spiritual lessons with them. They have the desire to learn and know what's right in their hearts but sometimes get hung up on what other people think instead of listening to how they feel. So pray for them! especially Leonor!
Once again due to time constraints I'll have to tell you about the other people we are teaching later. But hey, HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!!! My comp and I wore green for the occasion, don't you fret. Also last night, we went over to visit an old gringo couple in the ward, the Martins, and WE ATE WAFFLES!!!! That and talking in English was pretty much the best little treat ever. Also, the birthday packages!!!!! You guys are the best. Dad, the shoes ROCK!!!! for reallzzzz, I was so intrigued by this indie spiritual thing you were talking about and it all makes sense now! haha Seriously so awesome. My comp is way jealous, she loves them :) And Mom, THE RING!!! loveeeee it loveee it. You are the best, So incredibly thoughtful. and thanks Wrights and Butlers for the bday cards you guys wrote on Christmas Eve! love them all. and of course all the goodies. so fun. and Grandma, your package as well was awesome! Love all the treats and the ring is sooooo cute! see pics :)
Alright I think that's all I got time for but I have really seen the hand of the Lord here in Tarqui this week, and can't wait to be a witness to even more miracles as we hasten the Lord's work here in Cuenca! President always says that Cuenca is the promised land of our mission. Sure it might be easier to get baptisms on the coast, but the Sierra is where we are seeing miracles. I feel so grateful to be here, and I love every day. Fam, we're totes coming back to Cuenca one day so I can show you the city and we can visit all of the wonderful people that I have met and helped :) Being an instrument in the Lord's hands really is a wonderful thing and I pray always that I will be able to feel the spirit, recognize His will, and do what needs to be done! Love you all! Until next week...
abrazos,
Hermana Harper
ps - We finally have hot water!! after cold showering/bucket showering for a week, the Elders FINALLY came over to check out the problem. Turns out the water heater that is like outside the apt (we live on the 4th floor, so it was not easy to get to. The Elders did some acrobats) just needed a new battery!!! hablaaameee enserrrriiiioooooo. but whatevs hot water is back! (showering in cold water in the morning in CUENCA is like showering in ice. so. cold.)
| Nico after his confirmation |
|
This weird/cool statue thing that kinda looks like it might a nativity scene that we found the other day. haha
|
|
Some one day the other week (don't remember which) was apparently Woman's Day!! weird huh?? So they gave us roses in relief society.
|
|
zone pic (like almost all hnas)
|
No comments:
Post a Comment