Monday, May 12, 2014

He Actually Thinks he is Jesus and it's so Weird...

Mother's Day Skype
Familyyyyy,

Well once again Happy Mothers Day to my sweet mommy :) It was so awesome talking to you guys yesterday but it seriously feels like a dream or something and that it didn't even happen. A whole hour but yet what did we even talk about? don't even know. haha But it was nice to feel for an hour like we were all hanging out talking around the kitchen table like it normally is in the Harper household and that my fam is still as weird as ever ;) love it. Can't wait to do it for real in 7 months. 

So this week was a blur, as with the transfers the week before evreything got mixed up a little. I can't remember if I told you that my new comp was just in the other companionship of sisters here in Naranjal so she just had to change rooms...and investigators. haha and then Hermana Nazer came to be with her companion. 

So as I already mentioned during Skype we had the first branch conference here in Naranjal as Elder Uceda has officially declared us a real branch. So we are finally recognized by church headquarters! haha But I think I already told you guys that. For the conference President Torres and his family came and spoke. But since it was Mothers Day the church attendance was really low because here everyone drinks and parties on Mothers Day while the mom cooks up a bunch of food for everyone. go figure, right? haha So that was a let down. 

Our investigator J, who I may or may not have told you about was totally drunk when we went over there to get him for church and that's like the 4th week in a row that has happened. It makes me really sad. Especially since we have really spiritual lessons with him and I can see in his eyes that he really wants to change but he still gives in to temptation every time it's presented to him. Seriously so sad the amount of people Satan has control over. The Second Coming really is so near. Any second now Christ is gonna come again I'm telling you. 

But the Lucero family is doing well and so is Eduardo. (not sure if I've told you about these people.) Nancy and Ancelmos are still mas o menos so we shall see if they get baptized this week or not. I really hope they do. They both want to but they are both just scared. So pray for them! 

Funny story of the week. There was this weird crazy dude dressed as Jesus who went aroud setting up shop to preach the word in differnet parts of town. One time he set up right outside  our apartment so I took some pics out the window. He actually thinks he is Jesus and it's so weird. We didn't talk to him though cause we didn't wanna start anything. haha

Well honestly since we just talked I don't think I got much else for you...oh but I think I forgot to tell you guys yesterday that I am now the Young Woman's President! haha They even announced my name when they read through all the presidency stuff how they always do in ward conferences and stuff. so lolz. Oh and they had to put my records here to do it so now I officially don't exist in the Las Flores ward, so that's weird. haha

Alright, well it sounds like you all had a fun 5 de Mayo! Keep on updating me on the California adventures being had back on the home front. Want to hear from all of you! I pretty much now only get letters from Mom, Dad, Grandma, Izzie and most of the time Riley. and some of my missionary friends and home-forwards. All of my other friends have bailed on me. cool beans. but that's ok. We have the atonement so you should all repent and write me next week if you're even reading this ;) I know this gospel is true and that Christ is our savior. Apply the principles to the gospel to your life on a daily basis and you will be happier and you will be blessed!! This I promise and leave all of my love in the sacred name of Jesus the Christ amen :)

Love from Naranjal,   Hermana Harper


Hermana Nazer's Birthday



Getting a little emotional when it was time to say goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment