Monday, May 26, 2014

I FEEL that the LORD is CONTENT and HAS ACCEPTED OUR OFFERING....

First off, so you can stop worrying, my camera was found! It had apparently fallen out of my bag in a restaurant we always eat in and they found it and gave it back to me! There really are still nice honorable people in Ecuador!

This week has just been a crazy roller coaster. So we received a bunch of references from people. We contacted them all, had some crazy good potential people who we were so hopeful would progress.....and then Sunday rolls around and when we go to get everyone they act like we are crazy for thinking they would go to church with us, even though they had all committed to going earlier in the week. Ecuadorians, I tell ya. So we are all sad (and in my companions case, angry since that's how Latinas roll) and we pull up to church in our empty, other than us, taxi and President's car is parked out front....I freaked out. We were going to be showing up with literally nobody. In Naranjal, where the work is going like crazy, not acceptable. 

So we still had 10 min, so what did I decide to do beside the begrudgingness of my companion?Knock on the door of every house on the street behind our capilla to try and find someone who wants to go to church. I was praying so hard that there would at least be one person who would accept our invitation. and you know what? Not one of them came. But do you know what else? I felt so good and satisfied for having given the Lord my all up to the very last minute that church started. And although we walked in the door with empty hands, the Lord blessed us with 4 investigadores attending sacrament meeting. 

A recent convert we have been visiting brought her son, his wife, and their 10 yr old daughter. They aren't married for real and he drinks a lot, so they can't really progress right now. But I know they felt the spirit and it was a big blessing for the recent convert Hermana to have them go with her as she has been having problems in the home. And then another member who we work with had invited a co-worker to church earlier in the week and he showed up alone. Even the member was surprised he showed up! haha So hopefully we can start teaching him. 

But even though we don't have any investigators progressing right now, other than the Lucero family, who if all goes well will be baptized this week, I feel that the Lord is content and has accepted our offering. And regardless, Eduardo was confirmed in sacrament meeting cause he had gotten baptized the day before!!! wooo!! I'll send pics for sure. He is stalwart.  His member girlfriend, Hermana Olga, didn't even show up, but it didn't faze him at all. He was just like well, that's ok. I know it's what I need to do and I want to be baptized whether she's here or not. SO AWESOME!! He has such a strong testimony of prayer and the Book of Mormon it's insane. 

So had to go to Guayaquil again today to talk with President about my skin. He didn't say anything for sure, but he implied that he might transfer me because of my skin. But honestly, even though it's killing me I haven't let it affect the work. If I have transfers because the Lord says my time in Naranjal is up, then so be it. I accept it.  But I would hate to have transfers just because of my skin. I feel like I have so much unfinished work here, especially with the Young Women and with the Lucero family, my first complete family. I will seriously cry and cry if I get transfer calls tonight. So please pray I will be kept here till at least next week!! But I guess I will have to be ok with whatever happens. 

Well I think that's all for now. I have learned a lot this week about dealing with trials and accepting that the Lord gives us them to make us stronger. Something I learn more about and gain a deeper testimony of every day! HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! sounds and looks like you all had fun at Sano. Miss those days. Love and thanks to all of those who write me! Until next time....

Love from Naranjal,  Hermana Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment