Well Fam it has been a long interesting week,
I've been sick for a lot of it so not much happened. Stupid bacteria and parasites gotta stay outta my system! haha And on top of that, I went to Guayaquil Thursday to see a doctor. She tried telling me my Aquaphor causes cancer? Ya, the health system is not so reliable here. Later met with President and the nurses in his office. I have more creams and pills but nothing is doing anything. But on the bright side, I found out that eczema is also called atopic dermatitis. Sounds more official, no? Well my atopic dermatitis is eating me alive. I feel like I'm more red than white! So lots of health stuff this week. But hey, a cool thing is that President was already planning on going to Naranjal so when we finished up at the office, we got to drive back with him in his nice air conditioned car and not in the smelly bus! So that was a plus, and he even treated us to lunch. haha
Ancelmos and Nancy didn't get baptized. Nancy says she wants to but she can't right now and says she can't tell us why. Super mysterious and vague but what can you do? The girl has her free agency. and Ancelmo keeps dodging us so I just don't think he wants to, but he's Ecuadorian so he can't just tell us that like a normal person. So that was a huge letdown this week, and a little discouraging, but life moves on.
I'm feeling really confident about our baptism this week. Eduardo Cuello. He's a great guy and has been enduring despite all the trials. Not sure if I mentioned his background before but basically there are members in the church who like hate him and don't want him there because he is dating their brother's ex wife....which is stupid cause their brother cheated on her and it's his fault they got divorced. and now Olga, the girl he's dating, wants to break up to not cause problems with the family of her children. It's really sad cause he's like so in love with her and so good to her and it's just so sad. Olga was really surprised when Eduardo still showed up to church on Sunday despite all the controversy going on, which just proves that he's doing this for his salvation and not just for her! He already has a strong testimony and prays and reads the Book of Mormon by himself all the time. He's like halfway through it! It's crazy.
The family Lucero will either be baptized this week or the 31st. Their fechas are for the 31st, but we have a branch temple trip on the 30th!!! So we are gonna teach about temples and animate them and encourage them to do it sooner so they can go to the temple! We will see how it goes. But I love the Lucero family so much. I have felt from the very first time we met them that they have potential to be a strong stalwart family in the church here in Naranjal. :)
Funny story of the week: we were standing in the kitchen at night and Hermana Nazer was microwaving something and I was talking to her. She was telling me something random about her Swedish grandma and all of a sudden she screams in English there's a rat in the house! and I scream and turn around and see a rat flying through the air, landing on the floor and running under my companion's leg, who was sitting at her desk, and then disappearing into the other room. We never did find the rat....nasty creatures. But it was pretty funny, even though the latinas didn't understand, they could tell something was wrong and started freaking out too. haha
Also, I think my camera is lost. Long story short, we almost caught, killed, and ate iguana one day at a member's house but then it rained so we couldn't. But I had my camera with me to take pics of the iguana experience, and even had it out at their house to be prepared for the iguana before the rain started and ruined our plans. I'm like 90% positive it got left at their house. We left in a hurry because we had wasted so much time there already. My zone leaders called them and they said it's not there. I'm planning on stopping by myself tonight to look for it. Pray that when I go over I will find it. I've been way stressed about it for these past few days :/
Well that's all i got. Hna YƱonan has 17 Miracles so we watched it today on pday. Always makes me cry. Shout out to all of the pioneers. Enserio, when compared to all of their hardships and trials, all that they endured and suffered, what I'm doing here in Ecuador is NOTHING. It's a good reminder and always very humbling as well. So grateful for them and all they did for the church. I know the church is true. There is not a doubt in my mind of that. If there was, I wouldn't be here in Ecuador on a mission, just as the saints wouldn't have trekked across the plains if they had doubts in their minds of the truthfulness of this gospel. This work is the work of the Lord; it is greater than us. Even though it can be hard, I'm so grateful to have been given this opportunity to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord for this short amount of time in my life. Love you all, until next time....
Hermana Harper
No comments:
Post a Comment