Monday, August 11, 2014

4 DRUNK MEN had us CORNERED....

Hola mis seres queridos,

So I think I'm gonna write my letter in bullet points this week because my thoughts are going all over the place. So here we go:

1) Hna Bytheway turned 21 on Thursday! We celebrated like all week long. haha On Tuesday we had cake in the meeting as a zone,  on Wednesday some recent converts in the rama invited us over for food and cake, then on Thursday, the morning of her birthday, we helped a hermana clean her windows and then she had a cake afterward. And then that night with our investigator Maria, we had cake and then we went home and made tacos and then Friday we made brownies! (we have an oven in our house because there used to be a senior couple that lived here so she had bought one! It's so awesome! a laundry washer too! It's seriously like paradise.) So I'm pretty sure Hna Bytheway had like 5 birthday cakes. haha And when we ate cake with Hna Maria, we had a cake fight war. It was so fun, we just love their family so much! Ok sorry that was a long bullet point. So I'll keep talking about Maria in the next one then....

2) Maria! She's the one that the elders used to teach that I told you about last week. It's still kinda awks but they said we can teach her so we are! If all goes well she's gonna be baptized this Saturday before Hna Bytheway goes home! She's just having a really hard timing quitting coffee aaaaand she sells alcohol in her restaurant too that she's gotta stop doing...but she has said that she will! And her son, Francis, that the elders are teaching was supposed to be baptized last week but didn't cause he broke and drank coffee (the whole family drinks it because it's always there in the restaurant) but now that his mom has FINALLY decided to be baptized he said he's gonna be better so they can be baptized together. So that's exciting! They are the Jimenez family. Maria has 8 kids and of the 5 that live here in Loja, 3 are already members. The first got baptized like 6 years ago so it's been a slow process for the Jimenez family to say the least. haha So pray for Maria and Francis that they can be strong and not drink coffee and be baptized on Saturday! :)

3) A few days ago we contacted a guy fixing his car and he told us that he didn't want to talk to us because in the Bible it says that women shouldn't preach and so that we were sinning. HABLAENSERIO!! Our jaws just like hit the floor and we looked at each other like you have got to be kidding me! So we were just like ya hermano esta invitado a la iglesia chau!. What a jokeee. haha But it was pretty funny.

4) Yesterday we were contacting this lady at a tienda and a drunk guy comes up to us and just starts rambling, telling us that he needs money, and that he's really embarrassed (he said he was really embarrassed like 80 times) and that he wasn't a bad person but people just attacked him and took all his money and like lifted up his shirt and was like look what they did to me! And he had all these scars. But they looked pretty old, not recent, and considering the marijuana leaf tattoo he had on his hand, I'm guessing they come from his shady past. So anyways, we just give him a folleto and invited him to church when 2 MORE drunk guys come up and start sharing their sob stories and we are like ok, we gotta get out of here when ANOTHER one comes up. So a total of 4 drunk men had us cornered at this tienda. We were like cracking up because the things they were saying were funny, but trying to remain serious cause we're missionaries and all. So ya, we just gave them all some folletos and got out of there. haha It was really funny though.

Well I think that's all I got worth telling for this week! My skin update is the same for those of you wondering. But I'm doing my best to stay animated and enjoy the mission for all that it is, the good and the bad :) I love this gospel, I love my savior, and I love the people of Ecuador and being able to share my testimony with them daily! It's the best. Love you guys!

Love from Loja,


Hermana Harper






No comments:

Post a Comment