
Well this past week has been a blur....on Tuesday I was working with Hermanas Catmull and Herrera
when at like 4 in the afternoon we get a call letting us know that both Hermana Herrera and I have cambios and that we had to be at terminal at 6. whatajoke. We were way far from home so by the time we got there and packed up all our stuff, let's just say we did not make the 6:30 bus they wanted us to take. haha But we ALMOST did. We only missed it by like 5 min, but they happened to do cambios on the very single most crazy day of the year in Loja. Why do you ask? Because the Virgin of Cisne was coming to town and everyone and their dog was driving to terminal or already at terminal to take a bus to Cisne (like an hour away) to walk back with the virgin the next day. It's like this creepy idol worshipping pilgrimage thing. So the 5 minute taxi ride from our house to the terminal turned into a 30 min ride. It was totes crayyy. But ya long story short I am back in Cuenca! and back in a trio. the worst, but whatevs. I'm with Hna Ynoñan from Peru and Nna Baca from Nicaragua and it's been an interesting week to say the least. And Friday and Saturday we didn't even work at all as Hna Baca got way bad stomach pains and was therefore in the hospital. So that was hectic. So I'm in the zone Cuenca Sur (which is the same zone I was in when I was in Tarqui. Monay was Cuenca Norte) and my sector is called Alamos. Hna Nazer and Hna Wiscomb are in my zone so that's fun! It's the first time Hna Wiscomb and I have been in a same zone together so we're pretty excited :)
We have a couple investigators with potential. One named Jaime who has a fecha for the 6th and one named Antonio who was supposed to get baptized this Saturday but we are waiting on a document saying that he's completely free of legal issues. Honestly, I still don't know too much about them since I only worked in the sector Thursday and Friday. and then Sunday a bit. Hopefully this week will be better. But it does feel good to be in Cuenca again, I love this city!
Well I think that's all I got. Oh today in the house we watched 17 Miracles. Love that movie. cry every time. I'm so grateful for the early saints and for all that they endured and went through. It's truly an inspiration. Welp, August is on it's way out of here so looks like i'll be talking to you guys in September! chao!
Cariño de Cuenca,
Hermana Harper
Last pictures from Loja, before the Cuenca transfer.
 |
|
oh ya I saw Hna Martin at the terminal last week when Hna Btw went home cause her comp had cambios too. my first time being reunited with my hija! love her.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment