My comp is Hermana Bytheway and she is awesome! She goes home in 2 weeks though so that's sad :( She's the girl that was in my Chathamtowne ward at BYU! I honestly didn't think we were ever gonna be companions, but I'm way glad that we are cause she's super cool. I'm really excited to work with her for these next few weeks. I'm also way excited to bathe in that 60 pounds of Dead Sea Salt once I get back Mom. haha. Wow, I can't believe all the stuff you've gotten.
We have met a lot of people who have a ton of potential, and a couple even came to church on Sunday. One night we stopped and bought some hamburgers and invited the guy to church not thinking much of it. And to our surprise Sunday morning he comes walking in the door! He stayed for the classes too and really liked it so we are hoping we will be able to progress him this week :) We also had a really cool spiritual experience with an investigator of the elders. She hasn't really been progressing with them as she has problems in her life that she doesn't feel comfortable with confiding in the elders, but within 30 min of knowing us she told us everything. And the only reason we went to visit her is because a member told us that she would probably have a better chance of progressing with hermanas. But we have to get permission from the elders to actually teach her since she's their investigator so we shall see what happens. We already feel so much love for her, and even though she's been investigating the church for like 6 years, I feel like with a loving push from us we could get her to commit to taking the step of baptism :) With the help of the spirit of course. Well I don't have much else to tell as I've been here for mere days but thanks for all the worrying you've done about me. I'm doing better so no need to fret :) Especially Mom, Dad and Grandma. haha Thanks for all the prayers, fasts, and words of love and support. I have the best family and friends ever :) Can't wait to hear about all of the going ons in America next week. Love you all!
Love from Loja,
Hermana Harper
A cool castle thing in our sector! It's like the door to the city of Loja apparently.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment